donderdag 20 januari 2011

Lynx studies

I have made some lynx drawings to study their anatomy and facial structure, and markings, of course. Before I am going to fully develop a character I want to be able to draw their species well enough for them to be recognizable as such species. What I mean is that I do not want my Lynx to look like a domestic cat or lion, but as a lynx and nothing else. So I picked some random photos from the internet (found mostly on Flickr.com ) and sketched them. The sitting Lynx in the upper left corner is a tad feminine though. I found that a certain marking above the eye is very common and I have decided that my Lynx shall have that too. He won't be a very fluffy lynx though, as he'll live in Germany and the lynxes there don't get as fluffy as, say, a Russian lynx gets in winter. I have settled on his face markings, but the spots on his body are still being worked on so you can expect more coloured lines with conceptual markings soon! :D

and a name, I am still looking for a German name, why must names be so hard...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten